We not only teach non-profits how to do solid project planning, raise funds for program implementation and perform sound evaluation—we help them actually write a proposal. Every non-profit who attends our training walks out with a boardroom-ready grant proposal and project implementation plan in their hands. And in only five days time.
We know a training budget is a luxury for many non-profits, that’s why we work with private and corporate foundations and individual donors to underwrite the trainings, enabling non-profits to attend for free.
This gives donors/social investors a unique opportunity to be directly involved in exponentially improving the impact of the non-profit sector while also ensuring the effective use of philanthropic dollars.
Since 1992, over 2,000 participants representing 1,000 non-profit organizations have attended Funding Forum workshops. Evaluation from 527 organizations shows:
- 89% received full or partial funding.
- 97% said the training improved the effectiveness of their organization.
- 100% said they would recommend the training for other non-profits.
The Non-Profit Incubator is an intensive five-day project development/proposal writing training where 30 non-profits:
- Write a boardroom-worthy development plan/grant proposal for a real project, including solid needs assessment, objectives, sustainability strategies, monitoring and evaluation plan and line item budget.
- Receive one-on-one guidance on project development from a team of onsite daytime editors and a global team of night editors so participants have fresh feedback awaiting them each morning.
- Walk out of the training with a completed project plan and funding proposal in hand along with a list of potential funders to contact.
- Receive six-month follow-up support and evaluation from the Funding Forum team.
This one-of-a-kind capacity-building training conference will transform a non-profit community in five days time. It includes:
- The Non-Profit Incubator training for 100 non-profits (representing 100 non-profits that address a singe issue or 100 non-profits from the same region or community).
- Keynote speakers from the philanthropic world.
- Funder meet and greet with attendees.
- Live blogging from the conference to engage donor/investors and community press.
- Post-conference workshops in Monitoring and Evaluation, Non-Profit Budgeting and Accounting, and using Social Media to get the message out.